Feed the warrior within with this high-protein Zucchini Slice!
Zucchini Slice With Relish
1 zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
1 small onion, finely diced
120g cheese, grated
75g organic self-raising flour
1/2 carrot, peeled & grated
125g corn kernels
3 roma tomatoes, boiled, peeled and chopped
1 tbs olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced 1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced (optional)
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
40g rapadura sugar
30mL Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring about 500mL water to the boil. Stir in the vegetable broth powder then add the brown rice and lentils. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain liquid and freeze for soups and sauces. Set rice and lentils aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a large slice pan (approx. 28.5 x 19.5cm).
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs then add the cooked lentils and rice, zucchini, onion, cheese, sifted flours, salt and pepper. Add the optional vegetables, if desired. Transfer to the slice pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the relish, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve the zucchini slice hot or cold with relish. Refrigerate for up to three days or freeze up to two months. Ideal for the lunchbox. The slice can be packed frozen in the morning so that it’s defrosted in time for lunch.