Fresh and healthy Tofu Tacos! Tofu is an excellent source of amino acids, iron and calcium and is one of the richest vegetarian sources of protein.
Tofu Tacos With Lime And Avocado Dressing
2 tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
Salt & pepper, to taste
3 Tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
300g firm tofu
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 heaped tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp fresh chilli, diced
1 cup cooked black beans, drained
4 large leaves cos lettuce
½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
Lime & Avocado Dressing
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
2 large avocados
1 cup coriander leaves
1 garlic clove
Juice 2 limes
- Combine tomato and onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu into pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until slightly brown.
- Season tofu with paprika, cumin, fresh chilli, salt and pepper, then add black beans and stir to combine. Cook for another 3–5 mins or until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- In blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide tofu and bean mix onto each lettuce cup. Top with tomato and onion salsa and red cabbage, then drizzle with lime-avocado dressing.
Find out more about Lee Holmes at Supercharged Foods