Feed the warrior within with these tasty Raspberry and Coconut Slices! They have a lower carb count than your typical recipe.
Raspberry & Coconut Slice
140g butter, softened
4 tbs organic rice malt syrup
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
3 cups raspberries, frozen or fresh
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g organic white chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line a 27cm x 18cm slice pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat xylitol and butter until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat for a further minute. Scrape down sides of bowl and add fine coconut and coconut flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Press firmly into the slice pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, leaving oven on for later. Set the base aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place raspberries, vanilla, and water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the berries have broken down. Stir through the chia seeds and cook for a further 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, spread the jam liberally over the base.
- To make the topping, whisk the eggs and the xylitol in a medium bowl, then stir in the fine coconut. Sprinkle over the jam layer on the base, making sure it is fully covered.
- Place pan back into the oven for a further 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool the slice in the pan before cutting into rectangles.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze for up to three months.