Feed the warrior within with these plant-based Pizza Scrolls! Use our topping recommendations, or get creative with extra veggie additions. Perfect for both school and work lunches.
150g finely diced vegetables (red onion, zucchini, mushroom, capsicum)
100g plant based cheese, grated
- Combine sugar and warm water (approx. 30°C) into the bowl of a bench mixer. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let sit for 5-10 minutes before stirring with a spoon to combine. Add olive oil, flour and salt then use the hook attachment to mix on low speed before increasing to medium speed for about 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and leave to proof in a warm area until it has doubled in size, approximately 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan forced) and lightly grease two baking trays with olive oil. Punch down the dough and divide into two. Roll each into rectangles on a lightly floured surface.
- In a medium bowl combine the sauce ingredients then spread evenly across both rectangles of dough. Layer each rectangle evenly with topping ingredients, sprinkling the garlic flakes on, if desired. The plant based cheese can also be swapped for nutritional yeast, if preferred. Carefully roll each rectangle into a tight cylinder and cut into even pieces.
- Place scrolls onto the prepared baking trays. If desired, sprinkle hemp seeds onto some or all of the scrolls. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Refrigerate for up to three days or freeze for up to two months.