- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp dried saltbush, plus extra to garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 g butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 125 g natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 125 g feta, crumbled
Macadamia, Saltbush & Fetta Damper
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Combine the flour, saltbush and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until coarse. Alternatively, pulse in a food processor.
- Combine the milk and yoghurt, then add to the flour mixture with two thirds of the macadamias and feta.
- Bring together with your fingers then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Bring it all together again, without kneading, then cut the dough into four. Do not overwork it!
- Roll into balls, place onto a lightly floured baking tray, then score a cross into the top.
- Crumble over the remaining feta and macadamias and a little more dried saltbush.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Images and Recipe courtesy of Heneedsfood