- Pre-heat oven to 160oC. Grease 8 cups of a 12 cup muffin pan. Combine oil, eggs, vanilla and rice malt syrup in a bowl, set aside. Combine flours, cacao powder, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar in another bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the beetroot, chocolate & berries, folding gently. Spoon the mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before icing with your choice of frosting. Sprinkle with rose petals to decorate.
Find out more about Phoebe at www.pheebsfoods.com
Follow her on Instagram @pheebsfoods
Cashew Cream Frosting (Optional)
200g raw cashews
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp organic rice malt syrup
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 organic vanilla pod, scraped or 1/3 tsp organic vanilla bean powder (optional)
1. Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours or if possible overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the cashews then place them in a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
3. Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.