- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of clove powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 teaspoon of flax meal mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 3/4 cup of almond or oat milk (or dairy if you choose)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 apple sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of dried apricots sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of pecans crushed lightly
Baked Apple and Apricot Oatmeal
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, seeds, almonds, coconut, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the egg or flax egg, milk, coconut nectar, coconut oil and vanilla.
- In a small baking loaf tin, line the bottom with half of the sliced apples. Top with the dry mixture, then pour the wet mixture evenly over the top.
- Scatter the dried apricots and pecans on top and the remaining apple slices
This can be enjoyed as a lovely breakfast or dessert!